Emergency Medical Tech, Full-time- $1,500 sign on bonus!!
Company: Holy Name Medical Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician, Full-time Locations
throughout Bergen County!! Department: BLS/MICU FLSA Status:
Non-Exempt Position Summary: Provides basic level pre-hospital
emergency medical care as defined in NJAC 8:40. Under direction,
drives or rides an ambulance to specific location as dispatched to
provide emergency medical assessment and treatment as well as
non-emergency interfacility transportation. Provides treatment both
at the scene and en route to the hospital; does related duties.
Adheres to all NJ Title 39 Motor Vehicle Codes and Regulations.
Requirements: Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
experience. Skills: n/a Experience: Emergency driving such as CEVO
or EVOC. ICS 100, Haz-Mat and WMD Awareness preferred.
Certification: Applicants are required to possess a current and
valid Emergency Medical Technician-B Certification issued by the
New Jersey Office of Emergency Services or a current and valid
National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians certification
(NREMT). Applicants are also required to possess a current and
valid AHA CPR Certification, a trauma course such as PHTLS or BTLS
is preferred. Applicants will be required to possess a current and
valid NJ Driver's License. Essential Functions of the Job: *
Performs daily equipment, vehicle and radio checks assuring all
equipment is present and in working order.
* Answer all calls for emergency medical treatment or non-emergency
interfacility transportation as dispatched.
* Drives ambulance obeying all motor vehicle laws to assigned
location, parks ambulance in a safe location.
* Determines the nature and extent of injury by performing a
complete assessment and establishes priorities for emergency care
and assess needs for same transportation and transfer.
* Administers emergency care such as opening and maintaining an
airway, giving positive pressure ventilation, and
* Stops bleeding by bandaging, treats shock, immobilizes fractures,
and provides initial care of poisoned and burn patients.
* Searches for medical identification emblem as a clue for
providing emergency care.
* Assists in the extrication of patients from entrapment.
* Radios the dispatcher for additional resources as needed.
* Prepares victims for transport to the hospital or other required
* Cares for patient to en-route the hospital continually
reassessing and monitoring the patient.
* May deliver newborn infants.
* On arrival at the hospital, transfers patient to ED stretcher,
and provides nurse or doctor an evaluation of the patient's
* Prepares patient care report and logs the trip made on daily log
sheet and into the department data base.
* Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic
and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency,
office, or related units.
* Knowledge of principles of basic level emergency medical and
first aid treatment.
* Knowledge of all lifting and moving devices and the ability to
move patients with a partner weighing up to 300 pounds safely with
* Ability to spend extended periods of time in a moving or
* Ability to work in all types of inclement weather.
* Knowledge of the techniques used to administer pulmonary and
cardiac resuscitation, techniques used to administer oxygen
* Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation, drive an
ambulance with caution obeying all NJ motor vehicle laws.
* Ability to determine the exact nature and extent of injury and
provide emergency medical treatment.
* Ability to administer first aid, CPR and other basic level
emergency medical care and to prioritize emergency medical
* Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or
manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office
or related units.
* Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in
English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as
acceptable form of communication.
* Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long
as they can perform the essential functions of the job after
reasonable accommodation is made to their know limitations. If the
accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer
undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
Keywords: Holy Name Medical Center, West Hartford , Emergency Medical Tech, Full-time- $1,500 sign on bonus!!, Healthcare , Hackensack, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!